When I think about Giving Myself Credit I prefer to take a look at things dealing with character. Not to say that there isn't a great deal of day to day activities I could/should/can/will give myself credit for. There is just something so much deeper than that governing our lives and in that place, the deep place, is where true happiness lies.
With that in mind, I compliment myself on accomplishments like: taking time to laugh and nourish my soul, taking time to be alone so that I can nourish myself, pursuing passions of mine like photography, enriching my children's lives beyond the physical, taking time to listen rather waiting for my turn to talk, etc. It's these things that I find purpose in, my purpose. These things bring meaning and fulfillment in a way that nothing else in this rat race of life could ever do. Focusing on becoming my greatest version and the strides I've made in that direction, as oppose to all of the ways I am not my greatest version and how impossible it seems to get there. is my goal.
Maybe, just maybe, all of you out there in the inter webs could do that too. Maybe even just for a day remind yourself of all the awesomeness that is inside of you, spilling out all over the place with every encounter, interaction, and even thought you have...
There is no one on earth that can be as awesome at being you as you can!
Now that I have shared my heart with you I guess I will move on to sharing my "Woohoo! GO Elaine! It's your Birthday!" (lol) moments recently.
I have been doing a much better job about opening up my heart and mouth and being vulnerable. I love being in relationships where this type of deepness is appreciated, accepted, and welcomed! The tough part comes when things get rocky. It's hard to put your soft, little, squishy heart out there on a boulder and hope that it doesn't get smashed. That tends to be a bit messy when the smashing happens. BUT I have been courageous!!!!! dun dun da dun.... charge......*cavalry running into battle*
Photography. It soothes my soul. I revel in getting that "just right" shot. I love going out into nature and zooming in to find the beauty that is often overlooked. To take in all that is small and vulnerable but yet perseveres in the most graceful manner, like the tiny ant gathering nectar or the blooming flower rising to the occasion, it's inspiring. It turns out that there are some people out there that enjoy looking at what I capture as well! :D So I have started working on a means to sale my work and share my passion:) Purpose. I am finding so much purpose in this! Seeing that I can fully embrace who I am and have, not only myself but, others find value in that. It's empowering!!!
That's all I have for this post. Pop your head in and check in another time. I'd love to share more with you :)
Until next time why don't you try #givingmyselfcreditj
No comments:
Post a Comment